Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DIY Skincare: Lemon & Honey Facial Scrub (Whitens Exfoliates, Heals Acne Scars!)

Hello! :) I'm thinking about starting a DIY Skin Care series on my youtube channel. For those of you who are new to my blog, I am a graphic design major and lately I've been working on a Cookbook for a graphic design class. The concept of the cookbook consists of using food ingredients to make your own skin care products. So, here's my first recipe! :)


Lemons are great for whitening the skin and healing acne scars.


What you'll be needing:


Sugar, Lemon, Honey, a Bowl and a Spoon.


Step 1: Pour Sugar into Bowl
Step 2: Squeeze Half a Lemon into Bowl
Step 3: Add a Couple Drops of Honey into Bowl
Step 4: Stir it all up!

Easy right?

Now for the application part, watch my youtube video starting from 1:10!


These scrubs can be used once a week. I wouldn't recommend using it more than once a week since lemons are acidic and it could irritate your skin. I would recommend you make a new scrub every time you decide on doing this because the sugar can dissolve into the lemon juice within a couple days. If the sugars dissolve, the scrub may be less effective.

If you ever decide on trying this, send me a photo! :)

Use the hash tag, #OnleeAmoreDIYskincare



With Love,
Sarah <3

4 comments:

  1. great blog!!!
    Can we follow each other via gfc bloglovin and g+?

    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I use agave nectar to substitute for honey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great *OO* i'll try someday kkkkk ^^ i found your awesome youtube chanel and now your blog ~ omo :33 i've fallen in love with your youtube channel kkkk i'll follow :33

    Your real name is Sara? Mine too kkkk I'm from Portugal (:


    I have a blog too, if you wanna check it out ~ but i wrote in portuguese, my mother tongue ~ kkkkk so ~ yeaaa ~ i'll leave the link at same:
    Asia Looks Like You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Angela
    angelabrooks741 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete