Friday, July 26, 2013

Yamashiro in Hollywood Review & Photos

Yesterday was Mister's 22nd birthday. So, I decided to treat him out for dinner :) I did a lot of research before hand and found a couple places I was interested in. While I was searching on yelp, out of the many upscale, luxurious restaurants in Los Angeles, Yamashiro caught my eye. The exterior was absolutely beautiful and most certainly unique...very traditional looking..especially in the middle of Hollywood. I made up my mind and set reservations online for a table for 2 at 6:30 in the evening time. If you've already seen my previous post, you'll know that I was at Universal Studios before our dinner at Yamashiro. Making reservations online for Yamashiro was fairly easy. I kept the restaurant a secret from Mister to surprise him. He was expecting an ordinary dinner at a casual sushi restaurant. Anyway, when we arrived to the restaurant at around 6:45, there was valet parking for $8..which is pretty pricey. Before we entered the restaurant, an employee of the restaurant asked to take a photo for us. Here is the photo:
Not the best photo, but good enough ;) Anyway, we entered the restaurant and we were seated right away. The waitress seated us near the windows, but I asked if we could be seated at the garden area and she gladly switched our seats. It felt nice to eat outdoors. Nice and breezy. Here are some photos of the garden:


Looks beautiful eh? The thing I liked the most was that it was super quiet. I don't really like loud and noisy restaurants. The inside of the building was a bit louder compared to the garden. Once we got seated, he started looking through the menu. I read food reviews for this restaurant before hand to make sure we order the right thing. The price range per person ordering one entree for this restaurant ranges from $30-$60 I would say. So, I told him I've already picked out what we're going to eat and he agreed to trust my plan :) While I was going through yelp, the sushi for this restaurant didn't have good reviews. So I decided to go for steak and prawns. We ordered the American Wagyu Steak and the Yu-zu Avocado Jumbo Prawns. Here are the photos:
American Wagyu Steak

Yu-zu Avocado Jumbo Prawns
Surprisingly, they were both really delicious! Honestly, I chose to go to this restaurant because of the ambiance and atmosphere more than anything, but the food was not bad! I especially enjoyed the American Wagyu Steak, while Mister enjoyed the Yu-zu Avocado Jumbo Prawns. The steak was delicious. Here are more photos of us:
This is a poster card I made him for his birthday :)


The waiter took a photo for us :)

Ready to eat!


>< Hungry!
After we were done eating, Mister had to use the restroom, so I went up to the front and asked them if there were any birthday complimentary desserts. They said yes and brought us a mini-cake with a candle on it. Here's a photo:
The cake was a bit hard, but the taste was good. It tasted like dark chocolate cake. Anyway, once we were finished, we headed out to the front to view the city scape. It was beautiful! Here are photos:

There was a pool too :)

Birthday Boy :)

Hollywood! :)




It was too bad that we didn't wait for the sun to go down to view the city scape. It was still pretty though :) For those of you who are planning to go, I recommend you make reservations at around 7 or 7:30 for the night city view. In closure, we both enjoyed our visit at Yamashiro! A good place to go to on a special day :) Here are some last photos of the restaurant :)



That's a wrap for this blog post! :) Hope you liked it!

I'll be posting a part 2 vlog very shortly! Stay tuned!^^

With Love,
Sarah <3

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures *^^^* now, i want to visit yamashiro kkkkkk (:

    ReplyDelete